Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Today I am grateful for a Thanksgiving shut down. We are going to our son’s house today and I will be off line for at least 24 hours, maybe longer. I love writing and poking around on social media, but lately it’s been exhausting, so I’m happy for the break.
Sitting in my warm house this morning, after the most amazing almost 10 hours of sleep I got last night, I got to thinking about what I’m thankful for, other than the obvious house, home, family, heath, country, etc. So here is my list of ten things I am thankful for:
- Our buckling carpet that I’m going to have re-stretched, but not until after the holidays.
- Our unmade bed, which I am tackling soon.
- My blue plastic tray that holds anything I could possibly spill on it.
- The complete mess that surrounds me because we are in the middle of decorating.
- The old TV that will soon be called an antique by todays mega-sized standards.
- The chill I feel on my arms because I put on a short sleeved shirt to do some kitchen work.
- The squirrel who is hanging from the stucco on my patio with a big nut in his mouth, twitching his tail like a cat about to pounce.
- The step ladder that’s propped against the dining room chair, that I am not allowed on anymore this year because I twisted my knee washing windows.
- My clean windows, sparkly and bright.
- The ice packs and heating pad that helped heal the knee.
Pretty basic stuff. Look around. Appreciate. Enjoy every minute of your life. If someone starts to piss you off, either change the subject or go to the bathroom. This is your holiday, too. Make it what you want it to be! Love and peace to all. See you in a few days!