Friday, October 21, 2016
Today I am grateful for my muse. She is the one who told the hilarious story about “yanking the Spanx” in the car on the way to her dress fitting for her daughter’s wedding. . .giving me the title and idea for my new play!
Well, the wedding is upon her and those of us at the Y who love her got to talking. . .and an idea gelled. . .so we enlisted the skills of our resident artist and the cartoon was created.
So, dear one. . .Today and tomorrow, whichever days you are wearing the “beast”, I wish you the following:
- As you attempt to crawl into the Spanx I hope you don’t break a nail, pull a muscle, or pop a hole in them.
- In the event you DO pop a hole in them, I hope that there is duct tape readily available to paste over the hole so that body parts don’t start popping out like rising bread dough.
- As you enjoy your day I hope those suckers do not go “south” on you. . .or, God forbid. . .”north”!
- I hope that you drink just enough water to stay hydrated but not so much to create a Tsunami crisis. ‘Nuff said on that!
- When the day is over and it is time to unleash the beast and worm your way out of them, I hope that no children, animals, or dangerous explosives are nearby. . . just in case they snap away from you.
- And I wish the same for all involved.
- Oh! And don’t forget to breathe! Hahahahahahaha! As if!?
Wishing you, my muse, and yours, a blast in the best possible way. . .